Thursday, November 14, 2013

Martes: 19 de noviembre: SER and ESTAR


This week we have learned about likes (me gusta) and wants (quiero). One of the videos below teaches you how to say "I want to be your friend" in Spanish, so I decided to share it with you.

In the next few weeks we are going to practice how ser and estar (both verbs mean "to be" in English) are used differently in Spanish. You already know how to use ser and estar: El gato es blanco, Soy de Guatemala, ¿Qué hora es? Estoy bien, etc. We will get to practice this at Academy once we get back from our break. In preparation for our next few classes, please take a look at the info and the videos below.






Also, if you could, watch the video by Sr. Howard below. You'll learn how to express your feelings by using estoy (I am) and condition by using me duele (it hurst).

See you in a couple of weeks! 

Quiero ser tu amigo (I want to be your friend)




How to use ser in Spanish




How to use estar in Spanish




Sr. Howard: estar y me duele